Portugal vs Switzerland (Football World Cup 2022)

Hero image

06 Dec 2022

Total Views: 52

The Football World Cup 2022 has had many shocks, upsets, and joyous moments with the past fixtures, as many teams advance to the quarter-final let’s take an analyzed look at the upcoming fixture of Portugal vs Switzerland.

On Monday 5th December, Croatia beat Japan in a tough match that proceeded to penalties after a draw 1-1 game. Croatia won on penalties 3-1 and the final score was Croatia 4 – 2. Japan took Croatia into the Quarter Finals against Brazil who beat South Korea in a pretty one-sided match ending the game 4-1. Croatia vs Brazil will be a match to be excited about but the odds are pretty obvious.

On Tuesday, Portugal and Switzerland will go head to head in the Round of 16 and one will advance to the quarter-finals. Switzerland has some big names such as Manuel Akanji, Shaqiri, Granit Khaka, Remo Freuler, and Yann Sommer but this team has almost no chance of winning against Ronaldo’s Portugal with Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Jota and Ronaldo in the attack and one of the best defensive duos from Man City, Ruben Dias and Joao Cancello to defend.

Recent Articles
Share This Article

You Might Like to Buy

± 70-563 AED

Cristiano Ronaldo

± 220-285 AED

Cristiano Ronaldo

± 87-118 AED

It seems easy to win for Portugal. I believe Portugal have an 85% chance of winning and Switzerland have a 10% chance of winning. In addition, there is a 5% chance of penalties.

Team Lineups

Portugal expected starting 11

(4-3-2-1): 22. Rui Costa (GK) — 2. Diogo, Dalot, 3. Pepe, 4. Ruben Dias, 20. Joao Cancelo — 10. Bernardo Silva, 18. Ruben Neves, 14. William Carvalho — 8. Bruno Fernandes – 11. Joao Felix — 7. Cristiano Ronaldo.

Injured: Nuno Mendes (thigh), Danilo Pereira (broken ribs), Otavio (hamstring).

Suspended: None.

Cristiano Ronaldo missed the defeat to South Korea in the final match of the group stage, as Fernando Santos rotated the squad. He reportedly suffered an injury while training individually, but should be fit for this match.

The news is not so good for Danilo Pereira (broken ribs) or Nuno Mendes (thigh), as the two PSG players have both been ruled out for this match, with Nuno ruled out for the World Cup.

Fernando Santos is likely to keep bringing Rafael Leao off the bench despite the fact that he has been Portugal’s most impressive winger.

Switzerland projected starting 11

(4-2-3-1, right to left): Gregor Kobel (GK) — 3. Silvan Widmer, 5. Manuel Akanji, 22. Fabian Schar, 13. Ricardo Rodriguez — 10. Granit Xhaka, 8. Remo Freuler — 17. Claudio Vargas, 15. Djibril Sow, 23. Xherdan Shaqiri — 7. Breel Embolo.

Injured: None.

Suspended: None.

Switzerland has no injury concerns, who expect Noah Okafor back from his thigh injury. Goalkeeper Yann Sommer returned from his ankle injury just in time for the tournament, and has been one of the most effective goalkeepers at the World Cup, but missed the last match against Serbia due to illness and could again give way to Gregor Kobel.

Switzerland have a bunch of players in danger of yellow card suspensions if they advance. Manuel Akanji, Nico Eveldi, Fabian Schar, Granit Xhaka, Silvan Widmer, Ruben Vargas, and Fabian Reider all have been booked once in this tournament.

May The Best Team Win!!!

You Might Like to Buy

Kylian Mbappe

± 100-168 AED

Adidas logo

± 128-148 AED

Cristiano Ronaldo

± 40-100 AED