England vs France (Football World Cup 2022)

Hero image

10 Dec 2022

Total Views: 52

The Football World Cup 2022 has had many shocks, upsets, and joyous moments in past fixtures. As many teams advance in the quarter-final, let’s take an analyzed look at the upcoming fixture of France vs England.

On Friday 9th December, Croatia beat Brazil in a tough and tense match. Brazil scored in the first extra half with a beautiful solo goal by Neymar, exchanging passes with his teammate before smashing it into the goal. However, Croatia refused to accept their fate as Bruno sent it home, scoring an equalizer in the second half of extra time. The game eventually went to penalties, where Croatia’s goalkeeper Dominik Livakovic put in a heroic performance, making eleven saves throughout the match and stopping one penalty in the shoot-out. In contrast, Alisson could not save any shots in the game, leading Croatia advancing to the semifinals with Argentina.

On Saturday, France and England will go head to head in the quarterfinals, and one will advance to the semi-finals. France have won the previous 3 World Cup matches, breaking many records as they play. Mbappe, Giroud, and Antoine Griezmann will contribute a lot in the game, but they have tough rivals in England. England have won 2/3 of their games and plays with tactics, which really helps. However, Raheem Sterling’s absence following the raid on his house could be a disadvantage for England and could lead to some problems.

Recent Articles
Share This Article

You Might Like to Buy

World Cup

± 70-563 AED

Lionel Messi

± 58-186 AED

Kane & Son

± 62-316 AED

Our predictions

We expect Mbappe’s France to win, even though it will be a tough match. There is a 40% chance for France to get the win. England has a 35% chance to earn the win before extra time and 25% chance of the game advancing to penalties. Kane will not disappoint on penalties nor will Mbappe.

Team Lineups:

England expected starting 11

(4-3-3, right to left): 1. Pickford (GK) — 2. Walker, 5. Stones, 6. Maguire, 3. Shaw — 8. Henderson, 4. Rice, 22. Bellingham — 17. Saka, 9. Kane, 20. Foden.

Injured: Callum Wilson.

Suspended: None.

The biggest question for England will be the status of Raheem Sterling, who traveled home to care for his family after a raid at his residence. Sterling rejoined England to train on Friday and Southgate said he would be “involved” against France while being unsure of to what extent.

Also back home is Ben White, with the Daily Star reporting his exit from the squad was due to a clash with assistant coach Steve Holland. The FA, White’s representatives, and Southgate all declined to comment on the allegations.

Declan Rice and Callum Wilson returned to training following illness and muscle strain. Phil Foden earned his first start of the World Cup against Wales and scored before providing two assists against Senegal. Marcus Rashford has also been sparkling with three goals so far.

England is the only World Cup team to earn a yellow card. With accumulation wiped heading into the semi-finals, the Three Lions have no players who could earn an accumulation suspension should they advance.

France expected starting 11

(4-2-3-1, right to left): 1. Lloris (GK) — 5. Kounde, 4. Varane, 18. Upamecano, 22. T. Hernandez — 8. Tchouameni, 14. Rabiot — 11. Dembele, 7. Greizmann, 10. Mbappe — 9. Giroud.

Injured: Lucas Hernandez.

Suspended: None.

France had plenty of pre-tournament injury issues to contend with, as Paul Pogba, N’Golo Kante, Karim Benzema, Christopher Nkunku, Mike Maignan, and Presnel Kimpembe all were unfit for service. However, since the start of the competition, they’ve enjoyed a mostly clean bill of health.

Only Lucas Hernandez is no longer available on the final France roster, having torn his ACL in the opening match. However, his brother Theo Hernandez has filled in impressively at left-back and is one of France’s outstanding performers.

Jules Kounde and Aurelien Tchouameni are the two French players on yellow cards. They would be suspended for the semi-finals should they pick up another and the Blues advance.

Benzema is heard to have been available to play but was allegedly sent home by French coach Didier Deschamps.

May The Best Team Win!!!

You Might Like to Buy

Kylian Mbappe

± 100-168 AED

Adidas logo

± 128-148 AED

Kylian Mbappe

± 80-140 AED